Black Bean dip w/ Mango (optional)
1 can of black beans drained
1/2 can of corn drained
1 can diced tomatoes with green
1 Mango chopped
1 red onion chopped
juice of 1 lime
Add all ingredients into a large bowl, toss around and serve chilled w/ veggies or baked chips.
1 avocado pitted and mashed
1 cup cooked green peas
1/4 cup chopped tomato
2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped red onions
juice of 1 lime
(Subbing in a cup of green peas instead of a second avocado will help to cut down on fat and calories)
Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mash them together. Garnish with Cilantro and serve.
Potato and Zucchini Pancake with Smoked Salmon
2 cups potatoes uncooked, peeled and shredded. Can be sweet potatoes or white.
2 cups zucchini, shredded
2 large egg whites
1 chopped onion (optional)
3 Tbsp flour or matzo meal
2 minced scallions
1 teaspoon salt
pepper to season
1/2 cup reduced fat cream cheese
4 oz smoked Wild Salmon
Toss potatoes, zucchini, and salt in a medium bowl. Squeeze out all liquids.
Stir in eggs, scallions, onions, pepper, and matzo meal or flour.
Mold the mixture into small patties and place on a baking sheet.
Bake in oven until potatoes are cooked and browned.
Take them out of the oven and them them cool for 10 mins or so.
Top them with a dollop of low fat cream cheese and a piece of smoked salmon.
Crabmeat Stuffed Mushrooms
2 cups lump crabmeat
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
24 mushrooms tops
Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together except for mushrooms in a bowl.
Place mushrooms on a baking sheet..
Spoon mixture on top of mushroom tops and bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins.
Sweet potato skins
· 4 sweet potatoes
· 8 oz of fat free cream cheese
· 8 oz of fat free sour cream
· ½ cup low fat pepper jack cheese or any of your favorite cheese
· 1 cup chopped spinach
· 2 pieces turkey bacon chopped into pieces
· Bake sweet potatoes until almost done
· Remove sweet potatoes from oven and let them cool off. Cut them in half and scoop out the insides.
· Combine cream cheese, sour cream, cheese, spinach, and insides of the sweet potatoes in a bowl.
· Spoon mixture back in scooped out potatoes skins.
· Sprinkle with turkey bacon pieces.
· Place back in oven for 10-15 mins until cheese is melted and potatoes skins are crisp.