Baked Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
Oatmeal is a staple in any fit person’s breakfast. Try this Fall inspired twist on your oatmeal this morning!
Makes 1 serving · Ready in 35 minutes
½ cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup water
¼ cup pumpkin puree
2 tbsp nonfat cottage cheese
¼ tsp baking powder
Dash sea salt
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp allspice
1 piece crystallized ginger, crushed (optional; available in the spice section at supermarkets)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in an oven-proof bowl. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Place in oven and let bake for 30 minutes. Remove and serve.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 213, Total Fats: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 103 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 38 g, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 9 g Protein: 9 g, Iron: 2 mg
Recipe taken from www.oxygenmag.com
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
1 package of fat free hot chocolate mix
1 teaspoon of sugar free peppermint sugar
1 handful of mini marshmallows
Mix all ingredients together with hot water, top with marshmallows and serve!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
• 1 1/2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
• 2 teaspoons butter, melted
• 1 pinch salt
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. Toss seeds in a bowl with the melted butter and salt. Spread the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown; stir occasionally.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 83 | Total Fat: 4.5g | Cholesterol: 4mg
Keep your single layer single in order to get nice toasty seeds
Use butter flavored Pam instead of butter to reduce calories
Spice up with seasoned salt or garlic salt instead of regular salt
Pumpkin Martini Ingredients: 1 fluid oz. fat free half and half 1 fluid oz. of spiced rum ½ fluid ounce pumpkin spice syrup Dash of nutmeg & cinnamon Low Fat Whipped Cream Directions:
2. Pour into chilled Martini glass rimmed with cinnamon (minus the sugar)
3. Grind a little nutmeg on top
1 fluid oz. fat free half and half
1 fluid oz. of spiced rum
½ fluid ounce pumpkin spice syrup
Dash of nutmeg & cinnamon
Low Fat Whipped Cream